One of the best ways to generate traffic for your own website is to write articles that get published on other websites. Sometimes this is called Article marketing. Other times it is called article syndication. Whatever you want to call it, having your content published on other sites is one of the best ways to establish yourself as an expert in your field and to drive traffic to your websites and sales to your products.
6 Tips To Get Started
If you have been thinking of learning how to generate traffic by writing articles for another website, here are a few hints to help you get started:
1. Choose the other websites with extreme care. It will be tempting to publish on any site that will have you. Instead, look for sites with high traffic levels and click through rates. By publishing on popular sites you will establish yourself as someone worth respecting.
2. Do some research into social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumble Upon, Reddit, etc. For bloggers, these sites can be traffic gold. Getting your content submitted to a social bookmarking site can drive hundreds of new visitors to your site. If your content ends up highly ranked in the social bookmarking sites, you can expect to see thousands of new visitors!
3. Make sure your content is well written. If you don’t have confidence in your own writing abilities, have someone write the articles for you and then do the publishing of them yourself. A few well written pieces will get you far more click throughs than dozens of poorly written pieces.
4. Keep the articles short. You might know a lot about a subject, but it is better to break that knowledge up into several short articles rather than keep it all together in a longer single article. Internet readers are famous for their short attention spans. You don’t want them to get bored and click away from your content!
5. Save the links to your site for the end of the article and the resource box. If you pepper your articles with links, you’ll simply look like a link baiter instead of an expert. When in doubt, less is always more!
6. Let others publish on your site as well. This will help you build your professional network!
These are just five short tips to help you get started with your plan to generate traffic by writing articles for another website. Some simple research will turn up plenty more!